Exposed: NSCDC secretly recruits

OSED!! How NSCDC Secretly Recruited Relatives Of Highly Placed Northern Politicians Through Back Door [INVESTIGATION]ByAdmin-December 5, 2016012Share on FacebookTweet on TwitterInvestigations have revealed that about 100 candidates have been recruited into the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, without any form of paramilitary training.According toPunch, the recruits were the relatives, wards and protégés of politicians, influential personalities and traditional rulers from the north.A highly placed source privy to the matter made the revelation about the secret recruitment process on Sunday, December 4, 2016.The source said the service authorities described the back door recruitment as replacement, adding that the recruits were engaged through the influence of the Commandant-General of the corps, Muhammadu Gana.Also, findings indicated that the recruits, who were engaged a few months ago, had been placed on the payroll of the NSCDC to enable them to receive salaries and other allowances.The source said:“Just like the illegal recruitment that took place at the Central Bank of Nigeria, the Federal Inland Revenue Service, the Federal Fire Service and other federal agencies, the NSCDC has taken a cue from them by engaging close to 100 recruits who are the wards of politicians and northern traditional rulers.“The recruits did not even go for the usual paramilitary training. They were simply issued letters and asked to resume.”However, the NSCDC Public Relations Officer, Emmanuel Okeh, has debunked the alleged recruitment, stating that there couldn’t have possibly been any recruitment as the corps had no provision for their salaries in the budget.He said:“It is not true, we did not recruit new personnel. How can werecruit when we do not have provision for their salaries in the budget? Agencies like the CBN andFIRS, which carried out recruitmentlike you said, are revenue-generating agencies; we are not like them, we don’t generate revenues.”Meanwhile, four NSCDC Deputy Commandants-General, who retired in July 2015, have yet to vacate their official residences, 17 months after leaving office.It was gathered that the DCGs, whoretired alongside the former Commandant-General, Dr. Ade Abolurin, were still maintaining the apartments.Okeh said there was nothing wrong in the continued occupationof the quarters by the retired officers, stressing that the service was comfortable with the arrangement and did not complain.He said the men could live in the quarters for as long as they wishedsince the Federal Government had not appointed new deputy commandants-general for the service.Okeh said: “That one (occupation of the quarters by deputy commandants-general) is not the business of anybody. The corps can decide to leave the buildings for them, they are not being forced to leave and new officers have not been appointed to replace them, it is the decision of the corps.“We are not like others that chasedtheir officials out (of official quarters); anybody who retires, enjoy yourself, the corps is not complaining about you living in theofficial quarters, we are one big family.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *